We all get hundreds of emails, so it’s easy to make a mistake and click on one which is less than friendly especially when it looks legit!
It’ s a common mistake and one we’ve seen time and time before, our new series of helpful tips focuses on those ‘ emergency ticket’ moments so let’s take a look at…
‘ What Happens When You Get a Dodgy Email’
Let’s set the scene, meet our client – we’ll call him Fred, some of you will remember him from last month’s edition of ‘What Happen’s When – he’s the guy who left his laptop on a train.
Today’s a busy day, Fred’s picking up emails on the go and spots one from someone in his team asking for expenses approval, he clicks the URL but hang on a minute, that doesn’t look right… too late! Fred’s opened a dodgy email…
So what happens next?
- Fred feels a bit stupid, everyone knows about phishing emails – what was he thinking?
- Fred doesn’t need to log the job. Yobah already know what’s happening and are on the case.
- And although Fred has clicked the link, the link has been scanned to ensure it’s safe and if it isn’t (as in this case) the link is blocked.
- Fred also has the comfort of an extra layer of security with Yobah’s Managed Internet Solution which also scans all links.
- If Fred’s dodgy email had contained an attachment, security is even tighter – it simply wouldn’t reach him. The attachment is taken offline and ‘detonated’ in a secure environment and only if it is safe does it reach Fred’s inbox. If it’s malicious it gets blocked.
- Fred gets a notification email so he knows what’s happened but also that Yobah has everything secure and under control.
The Science Bit
- Safe Links and Safe Attachments protect against Zero-Day attacks (these are attacks that have not been seen before)
- Yobah Managed Internet provides an additional layer of security
- Monthly reports are provided to the customer showing how Managed Workplace has protected their business
- All of this is included as standard in our Managed Workplace offering
- With Managed Workplace Support – we’re always on hand to help customers with their Email Security.