We’ve all been there, that scramble to log an urgent job with your IT Help Desk or provider when something happens and you don’t know what to do next!
Don’t worry help is at hand! with our new series of helpful tips focused on those ‘ emergency ticket’ moments. In ‘What Happens When ‘ we’ll explore a range of questions kicking off with
‘ What Happens When Your Laptop Gets Stolen’
Let’s set the scene, our client – we’ll call him Fred, is on the train working – he can do this because he has the benefit of our Managed Workplace offering which allows him to work anywhere. Fred gets a bit peckish and goes to the shop to buy some crisps, he leaves his laptop on the table.
As the train is pulling into a station, he returns to his seat BUT you guessed it! no laptop.
So what happens next?
- Well, Fred’s probably going to panic a little, he’s human after all. But then
- Fred calls the Yobah TechOps Desk
- The device is instantly locked and a remote wipe is instigated
- Fred gets home and logs into Office 365 from a personal laptop, he can continue working on the same project he was working on during the train journey. No updates are lost.
- Fred’s data (and that of his employer) is still 100% secure on the personal device he’s now using due to the security policies we apply as standard.
- Yobah ship out a new laptop direct from the supplier, pre-configured using Microsoft Whiteglove
- Fred logs into the new device and is good to go. No-fuss, no interruption and 100% secure.
- On his next train journey, Fred ensures he’s got snacks with him.
The Science Bit
- All of the laptops supplied by Yobah are encrypted using Bitlocker
- Remote wipe and conditional access policies ensure the device is secure, even if someone has the device.
- Devices are shipped and onsite within 24 hours of raising the request.
- A report is provided back to the business owner to say the device has been wiped and data is secure.
- All of this is included as standard in our Managed Workplace offering
- With 24/7/365 availability for logging this type of ticket – we’re always on hand to get our clients secure again and fast.